if anyone knows me well, they know my infatuation with granola. it's probably the #1 thing i make in college.
i like it plain, with yogurt, on pancakes, in a parfait, in the form of a bar, as a topping for froyo, and the list goes on and on!
the best granola i have ever had is at my favorite breakfast spot, legal grounds. it is this way cool restaurant that made its home in an old legal office. in the morning it serves as the perfect place to enjoy a cup of coffee with some granola while reading the newspaper. then at night, it transforms into a charming greek restaurant.
check out these two websites where you can customize your own granola:
i'm just dying to try them! you get to pick your grains, add whatever you like (dried fruit, chocolate chips, coconut, etc) and presto! you have your own, personalized granola mix
if you are really craving some addictive granola, try this recipe i have adapted from others:
- 3 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 5 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 1/2 block of 3.5oz of 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- preheat oven to 300 degrees
- in a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (oats, wheat germ, almonds, coconut)
- in a saucepan, combine honey, maple syrup, canola oil
- melt ingredients together for a couple of minutes on medium-low heat--just to loosen up the ingredients
- pour melted ingredients over dry and stir until the oats are evenly covered
- spread ingredients over baking sheet and bake for a total of 20 minutes (be very careful to NOT BURN)
- half way through the baking, mix ingredients
- after letting granola cool, add chocolate
- devour, then bake another batch.
hope i left you all drooling
"in your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. in your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."