Tuesday, June 8, 2010

city on a hill

tonight i went to the porch at watermark community church with some sweet friends i have known my whole life. the porch is a time of worship and bible study for young adults in the dallas area who are all passionately seeking Christ. awesome.

it was there the Lord once again, humbled me and put me back in the place that i belong. lately i have been unsatisfied with the opportunities the Lord has blessed me with, particularly my internship. but guess what? this life isn't about me.

one thing God is knocking me over the head with is the huge opportunity of ministry i have today, in my workplace. yes, i am different from the majority of people i work with. and yes, it is hard to relate to them. but God calls us to share his love with them and be a representation of him to this fallen world.

so here are a few of my favorite pictures that are serving as a reminder to myself that i, as a believer, am called to be this city on a hill to the rest of this world.



"how great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! and that is what we are! the reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."
1 john 3:1

1 comment:

  1. Mere ive been thinking about that same thing!! how encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...