i love holidays. it gives me time to hang out with friends and do what i do best: bake!
remember my post about levain cookies? i finally did it: i attempted to make the infamous cookies. wow wow wow! i have never tasted such delicious cookies! perfectly crisp on the outside with a melt-in-your-mouth inside. i think i just added about 2 inches to my waistline...but it's completely worth it!!
i followed lisa's recipe to a t. forget a link to her site, i'm giving you the recipe here and now so you can make them asap because these are like change your life cookies:
- 2 sticks "cold and cubed" unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- in a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy
- add eggs, one at a time.. and beat until well incorporated
- add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and mix until just combined
- gently fold in walnuts and chocolate chips
- place huge chunks of cookie dough on the baking sheet (the bigger the better)
- bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how gooey you want the insides
i will never turn to another chocolate chip cookie recipe. ever. enjoy!!
"your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints."
(thanks lisa, for the pictures and recipe)