it's been quite some time since i made granola and i think it's about time for a new recipe. i don't think i could go wrong with this one - chocolate & peanut butter granola!
deliciously organic's recipe for chocolate peanut granola
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic whole cane sugar or sucanat
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- preheat oven to 300°f and adjust rack to middle position.
- mix everything together very well in a large mixing bowl.
- spread the mixture evenly on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 45 minutes, turning over half-way through baking.
- cool completely before serving.
- crumble and store in an airtight container.
"for i, the LORD, love justice; i hate robbery and iniquity. in my faithfulness i will reward them and make an everlasting covenant with them."