remember when i told you of my plans to backpack a while back? i've finally gotten around to posting about it.
it was absolutely wonderful and so needed. the simplicity and beauty of nature is astounding.
some highlights of the trip:
- getting in around 11pm and hiking with the billions of stars as our only light source
- having pancake balls and common grounds french press coffee for breakfast
- learning how to "leave no trace" by spewing my toothpaste
- eating lunch next to a woman with butterfly wings on
- finding out baylor's victory against ut with the little reception we got, and then celebrating in austin the next day
"and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
p.s. the next harry potter movie premiers in two weeks. counting down the days by watching an hp movie every night!