Tuesday, March 29, 2011

i have an announcement...

this weekend a friend and i traveled to dallas to cheer on one of my friends, caroline, for her very first half-marathon. i absolutely love those events because you are surrounded by so many dedicated people who have put so much sweat and hard work into training to run 13.1 miles. she did fabulous, and i was so excited to be the mom, photographer, cheerleader, and chauffeur of the day.


so, ahem, now to the announcement...
since we were all so inspired by the half-marathoners, we decided to train and compete in a triathlon. yes. me, the girl who hated cross country and elementary school swim team. i, meredith lockhart, will be running, swimming, and biking for the next month in order to finish this thing. but that's what friends are for...right? a group of about 5 (and counting) of us have made a pack and are determined to do this. here we go!

this morning at 7:00am was day one of training. being little newbies, we made our way to baylor's indoor pool and swam our little hearts out. who knew swimming was so exhausting? can't wait to keep you updated on my training!

"let the one who is wise heed these things and ponder the loving deeds of the LORD."
psalm 107:43

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Meredith! So excited for you. Greg does triathlons all the time and I am way too intimidated to try one. But I'm awesome at drinking coffee and waiting for him to back through the transition area. If you need any tips, let me know...and then I'll ask Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm excited for you, Meredith! And you know ROCC swim team prepared you for this...When is the triathlon? I want to come cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...