Thursday, May 5, 2011

free at last

(via this fab flickr source)

just about 5 minutes ago i turned in my last paper, my last assignment, my last project. ever. this is a weird feeling. is it true? am i growing up? am i finished with school forever? it can't be, because i don't feel a thing.

lately my friends at baylor have been feeling rather down about graduation. but honestly, i have felt nothing. at times i have wondered if i have no heart. but i think it is because it just hasn't quite set in yet. who knows when reality will kick my booty. but as of now, i like living in denial. i get to make the most of my last weeks as a college kid without any sadness.

one reality that has hit me hard...i have no job. i cannot even begin to explain how hard i have worked to not be at this point...1 week away from graduation, without a job. not even an offer. it's been so frustrating, but i only hope that through this perseverance, the reward of being hired will be even sweeter.

"blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."
james 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...