Saturday, August 27, 2011

the start of something new

i have found i have quite a humorous and unpredictable life. or maybe just a comical view of the happenings in my life. i'm going to start sharing those stories right here on my blog. why keep them to myself when i can offer up a few laughs? you never know when i might pop in for a story of my past or something that happened that morning (maybe one day i'll even title this segment). i can't wait to share these stories with you. i'll start off with one memory of my middle school days.

lice be gone
remember in middle school when lice would literally wipe out about 75% of the kids? that's right, those little tiny bugs that make your stomach want to hurl the last thing you ate and your head oh-so-itchy. one year my middle school (providence) suffered an extreme case of lice. so my mamma (susan) heard some old trick of washing your hair with vinegar to drive away those little bugs. the key to this theory is washing. apparently she missed that little detail.
so one morning before school, susan took that bottle of vinegar and emptied it right on my hair. without washing, she tied that hair in a pony tail, patted me on the back, and sent me off to school with the hopes that i wouldn't come home carrying new little buggy friends.
you know that potent smell of vinegar? i don't know about you, but i have yet to find a candle or air freshener entitled "sweet vinegar." so as you can imagine, i wasn't the most popular girl at school that day.
somehow i made it the whole day of school without being sent to the nurse for my unnatural odor. eventually my p.e. teacher got a good whiff of my hair and kindly informed me that i needed to shower because my hair had a funny smell. i simply explained that hair smelled like vinegar because i was trying to drive away the lice. it was then that my mother's mistake was finally realized. i had a good laugh, probably turned a little pink, and washed out that hair.
i do have to say, no lice for me!

"but i am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; i trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.
psalm 52:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...